We are currently seeking individuals who are looking to make a positive impact on the lives of others in the Bundaberg community. Successful applicants will be placed on a Standby List for immediate consideration for various opportunities across Bundaberg.
Applicants who have the flexibility to work early morning and late afternoon / night, split shifts, weekends and potentially overnight shifts are highly regarded.
- Provide personal care to customers
- Household domestic assistance duties including cleaning of bathrooms and kitchens, bed making, ironing and laundry
- Meal preparation and planning
- Assistance with medication including prompting
- Assist customers to access the community including shopping and social outings
- Transport customers to appointments and run errands
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant Certificate Qualification (e.g. Aged, Care Individual Support or Mental Health) or equivalent experience is highly regarded
- Demonstrated 2+ years’ experience working in a similar role is highly beneficial
- Experience with complex needs and behaviours are highly regarded
- Have a passionate attitude with the ability to be empathetic, motivated and listen to and understand the needs of the customers
- Have the ability to work autonomously, be proactive with problem solving and follow directions from supervisors
- Sound knowledge and working understanding of computers and software programs
- Blue Card and Yellow Card
- Currently hold or have the ability to hold a current National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Provide a short list of hobbies and interests
The successful applicant must also hold an Australian Open Drivers Licence, Evidence of Rights to Work in Australia and be able to provide two current reference contacts.
What’s in it for you?
STEPS Staffing Solutions provides its workers with employment opportunities across multiple Community Sector Organisations. As your employer, we handle all wage, superannuation and tax responsibilities. We work closely with you to source shifts for you that meet your lifestyle requirements and provide a human connection.
Job Reference: 200000961_1588217338
Salary: AU$25 - AU$35 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: